Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts fieldwork including wetland/aquatic resource delineations according to US Army Corps, NRCS/USDA, and Minnesota BWSR guidelines; scope and effect drainage assessments, floristic surveys, biological and threatened and endangered species surveys, and wetland mitigation site evaluation and monitoring.
- Prepares a variety of documents including aquatic resource delineation reports, Clean Water Act/MN Wetland Conservation Act (WCA) permitting, wetland mitigation plans, wetland mitigation site monitoring reports, and biological assessment reports
- Prepares permit applications necessary to obtain approvals for agricultural, water resources, transportation, site development and environmental projects
- Stays current with regulatory policies associated with the Clean Water Act, MN WCA, USDA Farm Bill (“Swampbuster”), and local government requirements and approvals
- Acts as client’s representative between contractors, local, state and federal agencies
- Uses GIS to analyze data to conduct desktop investigations. Creates and produces GIS map products for internal and external use using ESRI software products.
- Field data collection with GPS and incorporation of data into GIS program.
- Works independently and collaboratively with a team depending on project/client needs
- Develops client rapport through positive interactions and delivery of professional, high-quality work products that lead to potential for repeat business.
- Overnight travel within ND, SD, and MN required
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Ecology, Environmental Sciences/Studies or similar field required
- Master’s degree in Biology, Ecology, or Environmental Science/Studies preferred
- Minimum eight years of relevant experience required
- Three or more years of consulting experience preferred
- Basic Plant Identification
- Experience using GIS and Microsoft Office
- Experience with MN and Federal wetland impact regulations
- Desire to work collaboratively with a passionate team and be responsive to client and project needs
- Aquatic resources delineation experience and/or Certified MN wetland delineator preferred
- Experience with MEPA/NEPA preferred
- Strong GIS skills preferred
- Ability to work independently, as needed, to complete fieldwork and deliverables
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable
Moore Holding Company has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either the Employee or the Employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason. Moore Holding Company is an EEO/AA Employer.