Assists in construction inspection by performing the following duties:
- Utilizes knowledge of the Standard Specifications for Sewer, Water, and Road Construction, as well as their application.
- Obtains measurements and report progress information and place detailed information on a RPR Daily Report.
- Answers inquiries and complaints from residents and clients. Must be a good communicator.
- Coordinates on-site testing when needed.
- Becomes thoroughly familiar with the plans and specifications for the job to be inspected.
- Inspects materials prior to installation.
- Points out potential problems to the Construction Project Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a high school/GED diploma.
- Must be pursuing a degree in Civil Engineering or Engineering Technology.
- General knowledge of construction.
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans, blueprints and maps.
- Ability to follow and carry out specific instructions on an independent basis.
- Must have valid driver’s license and be insurable.
- Ability to perform physical work (i.e. strenuous walking, lifting 50+ pounds Catch Basin grates and MH covers, hauling equipment, etc.).
- Must be comfortable working outdoors in various weather conditions.
- Must be able to work hours that contractor works, up to 16 hours per day when indicated.