The CADD/GIS Technician with GIS emphasis will support their assigned group by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works under supervision to prepare finished drawings from sketches, notes, layouts, details, and verbal instructions for various field and office staff.
- Creates, maintains, and produces GIS map products for internal and external use using ESRI software products and drafting preparation software.
- Prepares mapping exhibits for use by project staff in proposals, presentations, and other project related work.
- Conversion of CADD/GIS files between various formats.
- Edits and creates new features, feature classes, annotation, and labeling.
- Imports/converts ArcMap into CADD.
- Develops and supports geographic databases.
- Analyzes sketches, notes, and other input material to determine and plan the best approach to develop and complete the drawings with minimal supervision.
- Performs research into emerging GIS technologies.
- Learns new technologies and strengthens the company’s GIS service.
- Instructs and supports project staff on using ESRI software .
- Prepares GIS shapefile and attribute data by means of available datasets, including, but not limited to modifying existing GIS data or drawing/digitizing map features from hard copy material or sketches.
- GPS Mapping and field collection.
- Suggests or proposes changes to the existing templates and styles.
- Completes project work assigned by Supervisor.
- Learns and follows company/industry/Rural Utilities Service design standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Associates Degree in Telecommunications, Drafting or Construction Management preferred (High School/GED DOE).
- Knowledge of telecommunications industry/Rural Utilities Service design standards preferred but not necessary.
- Knowledge of basic AutoCAD Operations preferred
- 2-3 years GIS experience.
- Proficient computer skills (Office, Visio, and AutoCAD preferred).
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Prior to employment, must pass a background search and drug test.
- Valid driver’s license with a clear driving record. Must be insurable.
- Flexible to travel as needed. Varies but estimated a few times per month.