Assist in the research, design and implementation of IT / Network systems for our company and our external clients (both software and hardware).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluation of existing technologies to make recommendations to clients regarding which technologies are appropriate for their application.
- Will work with both software applications and computer/networking hardware.
- Server virtualization deployments.
- Configuration and deployment of server and network hardware.
- Includes Windows and Linux servers.
- Advanced IP routing and switching.
- Network security / content filtering / Intrusion Detection.
- Special projects such as development of network monitoring utilities/applications.
- Produce documentation and network drawings.
- Technical support.
- Coordinate work with outside agencies and vendors.
- Miscellaneous other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelors or technical degree (University, technical school or technical certification/s) or applicable work experience.
- Prefer experience with multiple operating systems such as Windows, Linux, VMWare and Cisco IOS.
- Proficient computer skills (Office, Visio, and AutoCAD preferred).
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Prior to employment, must pass a background search and drug test. Valid driver’s license.