Responsible for coordinating and directing survey crews and office staff to ensure that all surveys are completed to the standards of practice for land surveying and engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs the work of one or more survey technicians and meets deadlines by organizing, directing, and maintaining field crew production.
- Performs a variety of office and field tasks associated with land surveying and civil engineering projects obtained by the company, with the ability to thoroughly understand the requirements and scope of each project.
- Follows and complies with Company procedures and State requirements to ensure that field data is in the proper format.
- Communicates with Registered Land Surveyor and Office Manager, the progress of each assignment, by verbal and written communications.
- Works without direct supervision and make technical decisions for projects assigned, within specified limits of authority.
- Provides and maintains neat and accurate field notes by recording all significant data, as well as supervising the crew’s preparation of sketches, notes, and electronic data collection.
- Maintains boundary survey calculations and client relations.
- Ensures crew adheres to safety procedures and uses all personal safety equipment provided.
- Records time spent on each project, mileage reports, and field change orders.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree in civil engineering or surveying or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of experience in the surveying field
- Must be able to operate survey field equipment, including Trimble GPS, Robotic, and Total Station
- Proficient with Trimble Business Center and Trimble Geomatics Office
- Ability to perform physical work (i.e. strenuous walking, lifting 50 to 100 pounds, loading and unloading equipment, etc.)
- Ability to extract, understand, and maintain data collected in the field
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable