This position involves operational-level work in environmental compliance related to NPDES regulations (MS4, Construction, and Industrial); a variety of duties relating to the administrative, technical, and operational requirements of the Clean Water Act; and compliance with the provisions of Section 402. In addition to permit level work, this position may also involve site inspection, water quality sampling activity, and pollutant evaluation work. The successful facilitation of these duties requires considerable contact with clients, city engineers, and contractors, as well as municipal officials and government agency personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate stormwater pollution prevention plan (SWPPP) development, NPDES permitting, compliance, and reporting across company sectors
- Conduct inspections and follow up administrative actions and enforcement for construction site activities
- Assist municipalities in the administration of their MS4 programs, including developing and reviewing ordinances, policies, and procedures, performing plan review, recordkeeping, training, and facilitating education and outreach activities
- Develop stormwater and environmental plans and reports, and deliver reports and presentations, as required
- Communicate with regulatory entities regarding environmental issues and obtain project approvals
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, hydrology, natural resources management, or a closely related field
- 1-2 years of experience with stormwater management compliance preferred
- Interest in environmental permitting, regulatory compliance, water resources/water quality, stormwater, and/or community planning and development
- Task-oriented and deadline driven with the ability to coordinate multiple projects
- Ability to work independently to ensure that client needs are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- Highly adaptive and comfortable with technology with a strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills to interact with internal teams, clients, and contractors