The Marketing Specialist develops a broad range of content and graphics to support company activities and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with the design and content editing of proposals.
- Researches, writes, verifies, edits, proofs, and formats proposal documents, staff resumes, project descriptions, presentation, and marketing collateral as well as ensures their accuracy and timely delivery.
- Coordinates and maintains current proposal content such as resumes, project descriptions, photos, templates, style guides and other content necessary for completion of proposals.
- Coordinates submission of proposal hard copy and electronic deliverables with Project Managers.
- Collaborates with experts and co-workers to generate copy for advertising, marketing and internal communication projects, including intranet, social media, marketing materials, advertising, press releases, project write-ups, articles and brochures.
- Collaborates with experts and co-workers to schedule, organize, plan and track conference scheduling, ads, booth registration, displays, attendees, advertising material, and debriefing associated with the event.
- Assists and supports client and employee initiatives (ex. golf outing) and events, such as holiday cards, open house, and community events (ex. parades and client gifts).
- Assists in the creation of company literature and other forms of communication to support all company departments, both print and electronic.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s or Bachelor degree in Marketing, Communications or related field.
- Minimum of two years of experience in the Marketing or Communications field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including interviewing, editing & proofing, adaptable writing based on media (social media, press releases, websites, etc.).
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite with main focus on InDesign and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of engineering and/or professional services preferred.
- Ability to think creatively and translate ideas into content.
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
- Current and knowledgeable in various writing styles, and social media norms and trends.
- Experience in photography and videography preferred.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work overtime if necessary.