Performs technical work related to designing, maintaining, and producing geographic data and graphics through geographic information system (GIS) software. Assists other project staff by providing data and exhibits from the GIS and other databases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates, maintains, and produces GIS products for internal and external use using ESRI software products and drafting preparation software.
- Prepares mapping exhibits for use by project staff in proposals, presentations, and other project related work.
- Prepares GIS shapefile/feature class and attribute data by means of available datasets, including, but not limited to modifying existing GIS data or drawing/digitizing map features from hard copy material or sketches.
- Develops and supports geodatabases.
- Edits and creates new features, feature classes, annotation, and labeling.
- Imports/converts CADD/MicroStation features into shapefile/feature class datasets.
- Analyzes sketches, notes, and other input material to determine and plan the best approach to projects and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Performs research into emerging GIS technologies.
- Learns new technologies and strengthens the company’s GIS service.
- Instructs and supports project staff on using ESRI software.
- Assist project teams with 3D modeling, as needed, when workload requires.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree or higher in Geography or related field and/ or minimum three years of work- related experience.
- Proficient in ESRI (ArcPro, ArcGIS Online, ArcMap) and Microsoft Office Software.
- Must be able to prioritize and handle multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Experience or willingness to learn 3D modeling software commonly used in civil engineering applications.
- Must have valid driver’s license and be insurable.